UPDATE: So I've already got a winner, and there are scores of other entries that are correct. But as you can see below, I said, "I will randomly choose a second person to win a prize as well". The contest remains open for another week, so ENTER! You've got nothing to loose, you might just be the second prize winner. Also, in case you're wondering, there will be a May contest too.
Last October, during Houdini Month, I had several contests with some pretty cool prizes (if I do say so myself). I once had a contest back in 2012, that was so hard, no one got all the questions right. I was just looking over the list of questions, and even I couldn't get them all today, lol.
But I love this idea of a Contest, so this month, I'm doing an April Magic History Contest. One question. The winner gets an actual piece of magic history. It's a brochure used by a famous magician, but I won't say who, quite yet. Here is the question:
Many magicians have used devils or demons on their advertising. Which Houdini poster featured devils?
- Only 1 entry per person
- To enter: Send me an email, with the subject heading 'April Magic History Contest' to email@example.com
- Please include your full name in the email.
- You must live in the continental United States
- The 1st email I receive that has the correct answer is the winner! If I get a bunch of emails with correct answers, I will randomly choose a second person to win a prize as well.
- No purchase necessary.
- Contest Ends April 30th, 2018
The winner was William V from Havertown PA. He's already received his prize.
SECOND PRIZE: A smaller Virgil & Julie Brochure (not pictured)
The winner was drawn from the remaining entries and the prize goes to Kevin A. of Indio California.
Congrats to both winners. And thanks everyone for playing. Next month, ANOTHER Magic History Contest.